Sunday 5 October 2014

Getting to the fun stuff...

Just about to head off through the guts of Victoria to Wodonga, the stomping ground of my youth when I did my Corps training in Bandiana.

I've been having troubles in the afternoons and mornings with sun strike so for all those that know what I'm talking about, here's what I did with a roll of electrical tape. The adjustable sun visor. It works on so many levels.... And doesn't get in the way of your vision. How do you patent a roll of tape.


The weather in Victoria is pretty crap today and for the next few days so I came north to Albury / Wodonga.

Cold start to the day in Traralgon (new pants are getting a workout), and didn't warm up till i hit the mountains in Omeo. That changed to howling gales as I crossed over Mount Hotham. Cold and windy, but such a fantastic ride. Almost the whole day on winding mountainous roads, and the long decent off Hotham being the highlight.

Hard to top a ride like that but I'll certainly give it a try tomorrow when I follow the weather (and the mountains) over to Bega.

My day ends in Albury, an old stomping ground from days as a teen in the army.



Today's route.